Saturday, February 28, 2009

"Mom, you're my BFF..."

That's what Raegan told me the other day. My heart just melted on the spot.

Coincidentally, the next day I was getting ready for work and had my MP3 player going in the bathroom when the song "Best Day" by Taylor Swift came on. (it's the song currently playing on my blog right now). Now I've had this song on my MP3 player for a couple of months, but I never really listened to the words until then. I realized that she wrote the song about her mother. As I really listened to the words, I started to cry. (Now you have to really listen to the words). Not good when you're trying to put on mascara.

This song makes me think of my relationship I have with my daughter. Raegan has always been more of a "Mommy's Girl". She follows me around like a little puppy most of the time. I know a lot of her peers are starting to push their mothers away and focus more on their friends. I'm so glad she hasn't gotten there yet. I'm not ready for it. We love to have our "girl days" and just hang out, just the two of us.

I found a few photos of Raegan and I and made a little slide show to go with the song. Enjoy! I'm going to go give my daughter a big hug...

1 comment:

Caroline said...

OMG...you two are so cute together. Enjoy it while it lasts (i.e., before she becomes a teenager!) LOL